I'm a little late writing this as it's already 4:30pm, and I doubt it will get posted before 9 (gotta do things like cook dinner eventually), but, as the title suggests, I've been working on just a FEW things. haha!
Let's see, there's baby clothes quilts (one just finished today), Let the Light In (finished last night), the Arts Fest Quilt (painted fabrics that I'm assembling for the school fundraiser. I've been puttering around on it forever, and really ought to hunker down), a tshirt quilt, plus lots and lots of networking. And I want to do a quilt called Irons in the Fire now because, hey, it sounds cool.
I'm actually going to work backwards through that list, and I'll stick in pictures where I have them.
1) Networking- There are some great FriYAY Friends articles in the making. I've been in touch with some ladies who are quilters, painters, writers, entrepreneurs... I can't wait to share their voices! Also String and Story Quilts may soon be available through a local brick and mortar! The latter isn't officially official yet as I have some more sewing to do first, but it's beyond thrilling nonetheless. Tonight I'm going to the Duluth Fine Arts League with a friend and hoping to connect with some other local artists--maybe there are even other quilters about! If you read Sunday's post, you know I've begun advocating for a Duluth Maker's Spot. I've exchanged a couple of emails with local powers that be, and I hope more will come of that soon!
Update: I went to the DFAL meeting tonight and had a lovely time! I'm planning to have a table at the Duluth Art Walk on October 14, and one of my quilts will be in City Hall from October - December. The other members seemed really excited to add a quilter to the "ranks," and I'm excited to bring a new art into the league!
2) Tshirt Quilt- This quilt is actually for my friend's husband. We did a work trade-- she did the logo, etc. for my rebrand (yes, she's brilliant), and I'm making her hubby a quilt. Today I bought the interfacing to start stabilizing the shirts.
3) Arts Fest Quilt- This one is going to be bigger than the floor of my studio, and I find it totally intimidating. I've done the tiniest bit of piecing on it, but then I felt totally overwhelmed and set it aside again. Last night I put it out on the cutting table. If I only do a couple of four patches a night for a week or two, the top will be done. Then I can do the same with the other, and that will be real progress!
4) Let the Light In- Not actually a WIP as of last night! Improv piecing is a lot harder and more time/energy consuming than I thought! But I captured my vision of a stained glass quilt better than I expected, so I'm counting this as a huge win!
5) Baby Clothes Quilts- These are the hot seller in my Etsy shop right now! I just finished one this afternoon, I have another on the cutting table, and another box of clothes on the way to me! This is very exciting as these quilts and my tshirt quilts are truly the "bread and butter" of my business.
And then of course there's the Modern Impressionist Quilts waiting for me in the stash, and I'll be starting Murmuration 2.0 and Here Comes the Sun in 2.0 soon (related to the brick and mortar mentioned above). Which reminds me, Here Comes the Sun sold today! A friend of mine has been asking for it, but it's taken me two months to have the courage to say YES and let go of this precious project. But she'll be the perfect home for it, so HUZZAH.
I'm going to go eat some chocolate and take a deep breath before I get back to work.