Wowie zowie, my friends! I'm on Cloud 9 over here at String & Story Headquarters! My first Intro to Free Motion Quilting workshop was this weekend was marvelous, and now I get to bring you all an out of this world giveaway collaboration. To give one of you an extra special Christmas, Bonnie Hunter, Daylight Company, and I have put together an amazing collection of gifts!
To celebrate this collaboration, I am finishing up the little mini-quilt shown in this post. The pattern is Bonnie's free Jared Takes a Wife pattern, I'm adding my free motion quilting touch, and all the photos are lit with Daylight lamps (and, for what it's worth, I took all of these pictures at night, so the beautiful colors you see in the photos are entirely thanks to Daylight!). Next week, I'll show you the finished mini and share some tips for quilting the motifs I'm including on this quilt, but for today, I know you're all dying to know about our Quilty Christmas Giveaway!
There will be one winner who takes the whole "pot," and the giveaway will be open from 12am on Tuesday, December 19th until 11:59pm on Saturday, December 23rd. Due to shipping costs, the full prize bundle is open to the US only. If an international winner is selected, a modified prize bundle will be sent. We will announce the winner the morning of Christmas Eve. (please be understanding that physical prizes will not be sent until after the holidays) There are lots of ways to enter (see rafflecopter below), so be sure to take advantage of them all!
The winner will receive:
- From Bonnie:
Addicted to scraps book by Bonnie Hunter
Quiltmaker 100 blocks volume 16
One yard heart Medallion fabric by Leah Day
Two spools aurifil thread in red and green
1 spool isacord machine quilting thread in light blue
Addicted to scraps eco -pouch set by Bonnie Hunter
2.5 by 6.5 Quiltville ruler by Creative Grids
One deck Bonnie Hunter playing cards
(Due to shipping costs, if an international winner is selected, Bonnie will send a collection of digital patterns)
Slimline Table Lamp
Wafer 1 Lightbox and cutting mat
Smart Travel Lamp
(Unfortunately, Daylight is unable to ship outside the US for this giveaway)
- From me (HollyAnne Knight at String & Story)
-Perfect Fit Digital Pattern Download
-1 "ticket" to ONE of my January 2018 one-day online workshops, hosted on Facebook. Choices of workshop include:
-Beginner FMQ (January 6): Move past the meander and begin adding custom quilting to your projects. Course will include an introduction to making a quilting plan, 10 motifs to doodle and stitch, a live Q&A session to troubleshoot any free motion hiccups, and lots of encouragement and feedback because it is my job to guide you to quilt with confidence.
-Introduction to Color Theory (January 13): Fabric can be the most fun and the most frightening part of the creative process. However, understanding color and pattern can turn pulling fabric into a full force party-- even for the scrappiest of scrappy quilts. Color theory explains why some colors struggle to "play nice" and will give you a strong foundation to confidently choose fabrics even for the most complicated projects.
- How to Make a Quilting Plan (January 20): You are head over heels in love with your quilt top, and you're feeling pretty good about your free motion quilting practice, but ACK what if you wreck the quilt?? That feeling of anxiety is exactly why you need a plan for your stitches. In order to succeed at custom quilting, you need to audition your designs before you put your needle to fabric. This course will have extra emphasis on interacting as a class to brainstorm together how to quilt different tops and create multiple unique quilting plans for each top to demonstrate how different quilting can change the visual effect of the quilt.
-1 "ticket" to Rockstar Status: From Newbie to Jammin' in Your Quilting Practice, hosted on Facebook
- The best way to improve your quilting is to practice and the best way to practice is with friends. Join me and a class full of your new quilting besties as we develop new quilting skills and quilting confidence so that you never have to be afraid of quilting your own quilts (and having them turn out beautifully!) ever again.
- 4 week quilting intensive designed to take students from being a beginner quilter to a confident intermediate quilter
- Each WEEK includes: 10-15 posts with tips, videos, challenges, and more, plus printable worksheets and resources and a 1 hour LIVE video Q&A
- Course begins March 5
Is that amazing or what?? Ready to enter? You have 6 opportunities:
Now that you've entered our wonderful giveaway, I have another opportunity for you. I mentioned at the beginning of today's post that my first Intro to Free Motion Quilting Workshop was this past weekend. This FREE online course focuses on domestic machine quilting and includes how to set up your machine for fmq, how to adjust your sewing machine tension for fmq, and a few basic designs to practice. You will finish the day with a new confidence and excitement for quilting your own quilts with free motion quilting. The next free workshop is December 30th and signups are already open-- I hope to see you there!
Finally, if you're already in love with Daylight lamps as much as Bonnie and I are and you just can't wait to get your own, I'd like to invite you to use my affiliate code SSTORY1217 for 20% off your purchase on the Daylight website! (disclaimer: I receive a small commission on all affiliate sales) Daylight will be a game changer for your sewing room-- don't wait to order a new lamp for your darkest corner!
Remember, the giveaway winner will be announced on Christmas Eve! See you then!
PS I'd love to connect with you on Instagram where I post daily tips and inspiration. You can find me @stringandstory